AimsThe Association is established as a non-profit entity with the aim of rescuing written and graphic heritage using the most advanced methods available technologically and practiced in the conservation-restoration profession.
This aim is achieved by both intangible and material input, including:
- coordination of international co-operation,
- establishing and maintenance of an infrastructure to be able to rescue written and graphic heritage in an efficient way from risks it may face and afford it proper first response treatment,
- consultancy services,
- planning as implementing first response measures
- conducting professional events, such as presentations, conferences, workshops, training,
- carrying out relevant research projects,
- issuing publications, including printed matter.
- inviting support from public institutions,
- mobilizing funding via research projects,
- offering fee-based consultancy services,
- receiving donations,
- collecting membership fees.