European Research Centre for Book and Paper Conservation-Restoration
The European Research Centre for Book and Paper Conservation-Restoration was founded in March 2010. It was created on the initiative of the community of conservator-restorers, archivists, librarians and other professionals all over Europe, who saw an urgent need to foster research in book and paper conservation to be able to rescue the graphical and written heritage more efficiently.
The conference in May 2011 with 150 colleagues from 50 different countries representing more than the whole of Europe, gave the Centre its professional foundation and direction for its work. The board and the representatives were the head and the hands of its very lively body.
From 2014 on, the centre was affiliated to the University of Continuing Education under the umbrella of the Zentrum für Kulturgüterschutz in the Department für Bauen und Umwelt, University for Continuing Education, Krems https://www.donau-uni.ac.at/en/university/faculties/education-arts-architecture/departments/building-environment/centers/center-for-cultural-property-protection.html
This was an important step forward in terms of the ease of our handing in research projects. We have always focused on the needs and requests of our community.
Furthermore we have a "highest possible quality – for lowest costs possible – policy". This is only possible due to the fact that all colleagues work on a voluntary basis. Please do not hesitate to address them either to your national representative or directly to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Research Centre received the following awards:
- 2022 Bernd Rode Preis Project-based collaborative research conducted in the framework of ASEA-UNINET "From a request to help restore Affandi´s paintings to the first University course for conservators of cultural heritage in Indonesia"
- 2017 third place Life Science Success Award 2017 for the work in NanoKult
- 2016 MAECENAS (these are awards for cooperation of industry and research institutions) Anerkennungspreis in the Cathegory of Large Enterprises for the cooperation with Berger und Söhne company and Gutmannsche Forstverwaltung
- 2011 MAECENAS Anerkennungspreis for co-operation with Berger und Söhne company
- 2011 MAECENAS Anerkennungspreis for co-operation with WD Austria company
Mag. dr hab. Patricia Engel (CV)